- MBBS - Dr. P.D.M. Medical College, Amaravati University, Maharashtra (1992-1997)
- MD (Internal Medicine) - Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University, Belgaum, Karnataka (1999-2002)
- DNB (Nephrology) - Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (2004-2007)
- MNAMS (Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences, India)
- Nephrology Fellow at University of California at San Diego, California (Oct-Nov 2009)
- Nephrology fellow at V U Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Academic Exchange Program (March 2011)
- Registrar in Nephrology at Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad (2004-2007)
- Medical Registrar in Acute Medical Care Unit at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad. (Jan 2003 to Oct 2003)
- Hands on experience in procedures like percutaneous CAPD (Tenckhoff) catheterization, percutaneous renal biopsy, both temporary and permanent tunneled hemodialysis catheter insertions.
- Good experience in all areas of renal replacement therapy including Intermittent Hemodialysis, SLED, CRRT, CAPD, APD, Plasmapheresis and Haemoperfusion therapies.
- Well versed with various immunosuppression protocols in renal transplantation.
- Basic GCP workshop training by Quintiles (April 2011)
- Vikranth Reddy, Rajasekara Chakravarthi, Shahista Hussani, Hari Krishna Marri, Guri S.B. Palabukkala “Is Induction a Necessary Strategy for Renal Transplantation”. Transplantatiion journal 2008; 86: Vol - 86, 2S.
- Vikranth Reddy, S. Samavedam, R. Chakravarthi, Hari Krishna, Mallikarjun. Is the profile of AKI needing intensive care changes in developing countries? Blood purification 2009; 27: 271- 305
- Vikranth Reddy, Hari Krishna, R. Chakravarthi, . S. Hussaini. Citrate anticoagulation in CRRT. Blood purification 2010.
- “An open label, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy, tolerability and safety of Darbepoetin Alfa in patients of anemia associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD)Vikranth Reddysubmitted for publication Indian Journal of Nephrology (2017-18)
- Vikranth Reddy,3 Prabir Roy-Chaudhury,4 Suresh Chandra Tiwari,5 James A. Tumlin,6 Don E. Williamson.7 1Harvard U; 2U of Texas; 3Care Hospital, Hyderabad, India; 4U of Cincinnati; 5Fortis Inst, New Delhi, India; 6U of Tennessee; 7Nephrology Associates, Augusta, GA. Greater Frequency of Clinically Significant Bradycardia Than Ventricular Tachycardia in Hemodialysis Patients: Preliminary Results of the Monitoring in Dialysis (MiD) Study. .J Am SocNephrol 25: 2014.
1). “Infections in Hemodialysis unit – Our experience”, at SCISN-2005, Southern Chapter – Indian Society of Nephrology Annual meet at Chennai (February 2005)
- “Post-transplant Acute pancreatitis – Treatment & Outcome” at WCN 2007, World Congress of Nephrology 2007 at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (April 2007)
- “Is induction a necessary strategy for renal transplantation?” Transplantation July 27, 2008
- “Role of CAPD in refractory CHF – single center experience” (ISN & ISPD 2009, presented at Annual conference of PDSI in Goa, Sept 2009.
- “Icodextrin-Effects on residual kidney function” (ISN-WZ 2009) presented at Annual Conference of peritoneal dialysis, Society of India in Goa, Sept 2009
- “Strategies for the use of PSI’s in transplantation” Guest lecture given at XX Annual conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT) at Varanasi Oct 2009.
- “PD in AKI”, presented at 16th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine & International Critical Care congress (10th -14th Feb’10, Hyderabad)
- “RRT in ICU” presented in 15th International Conference on CRRT at San Diego, Feb 2010.
An open labeled prospective multicentric study of Lanthanum Carbonate in combination with calcium based phosphate binders in patients of hyperphosphatemia of Chronic Kidney Disease
- An open label, multi-Centre, prospective study to demonstrate safety and efficacy of once daily Advagraf in patients undergoing kidney or liver transplantation in India.
- “An open label, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy, tolerability and safety of Darbepoetin Alfa in patients of anemia associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- “A post marketing surveillance study evaluating the safety and tolerability of the labelled use of Hetero-Darbepoetin Alfa in Indian patients.
- Indian Medical Council – Telangana State Medical Council
- Member-International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Nephrology (IAN)
- Life Member of Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India (PDSI)
- Life Member of Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Life Member of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences, India (MNAMS)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology-Southern Chapter (ISNSC)
- Member of European Renal Association (ERA-EDTA)
- Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation. (ISOT)
- Member of American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
- Executive member of Hyderabad Nephrology Forum.
Award and Recognition
- Swamy Vivekananda Vishista Puraskaralu-2014 award received on 11th January, 2014 at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
- Best Paper Award for “Infections in Hemodialysis unit – Our experience”, at SCISN-2005, Southern Chapter – Indian Society of Nephrology Annual meet at Chennai (February 2005)
- “Ugadi Excellency Awards”2018, award received on 15th March 2018 at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
- Vaidya Siromani Award 2018, award Vignana Kendra on the occasion of doctors day (1st July 2018).