Dr. P C GuptaClinical Director & HOD, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery and Vascular Interventional Radiology
- MBBS - Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- MS - Post Graduate Institute Of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Fellowship (Vascular Surgical) - Nagoya University School Of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan (1997)
- Training In Carotid Surgery: University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill, USA.
- Training In Complex Aortic Surgery: DeBakey Department Of Surgery, Methodist Hospital, Houston. USA.
- Training In Venous Interventions: Miami Vein Clinic, USA.
- Training In Vascular Ultrasound: Maimonides Medical Center, New York, USA.
- Training In Complex Aortic Interventions: VA Hospital, Dallas, USA.
- Endoscopic And Thoracoscopic Aortic Surgery: IRCAD, Strasbourg, France.
- Senior Resident (Surgery) PGIMER, Chandigarh (1993- 1995 & 1997- 1998)
- Senior Research Associate (Surgery), All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor In Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Nizam’s Institute Of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
- Associate Professor In Vascular Surgery, Deccan Medical College, Hyderabad.
- Senior Consultant & Chief Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Varicose Veins & Leg Ulcers Treatment- Laser Ablation (EVLT) Radio Frequency Ablation(RFA) And Conventional Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis–Thrombolysis.
- Thrombectomy & IVC Filter.
- Vascular Access For Hemodialysis: AV Fistula, Vein Transposition, Fistuloplasty, Central Vein Angioplasty, AV Grafts.
- Aortic Aneurysms: Open And Endovascular Therapy.
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
- Aortic Dissection.
- Carotid Surgery Including Endarterectomy, Tumor And Aneurysms.
- Cervical Rib And Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
- Diabetic Foot & Non-Healing Ulcers- Comprehensive Treatment.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Vascular Trauma & Vascular Emergencies.
- P. C. Gupta, Masahiro Matsushita, Koji Oda, Naomichi Nishikimi, Tsunehisa Sakurai, Yuji Nimura. Attenuation Of Renal Ischemia Reperfusion Injury In Rats By Allopurinol & Prostaglandin E1. European Surgical Research 1998;30:102-107.
- H. Ohkawa, M. Ito, K. Shigeno, P. C. Gupta, Masahiro Matsushita, Nishikimi Naomichi, Sakurai Tsunehisa, Nimura Yuji. Tranilast Suppresses Fetal Myosin Heavy Chains And Intimal Hyperplasia In Rabbit. Current Therapeutic Research11997;58:764-772.
- T. Sakurai, P. C. Gupta, M. Matsushita, N. Nishikimi And Y. Nimura. Correlation Of Anatomical Distribution Of Venous Reflux With Clinical Symptoms And Venous Haemodynamics In Primary Varicose Veins. British Journal Of Surgery 1998,85,213-216.
- Prem Chand Gupta, Susarla Rammurti, Rama Krishna Uppuluri, Sudhir Rai, Rama Krishna Pinjala. Endovascular Treatment Of Traumatic Femoral Arteriovenous Fistulas. Asian Oceanian J Radiol 2000;5(4):244-246.
- P C Gupta, N Madhavilatha, J Venkateshwarlu, A Sudha. Extracranial Carotid Aneurysm Related To Pregnancy. J Vasc Surg 2004;40:375-8.
- Ratan Jha, Sanjay Sinha, D Bansal, P C Gupta. Renal Infarction In Patients With Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. Indian J Nephrol 2005;15:17-21.
- Devabhaktuni P, Gupta PC, Bhupati Raju S, Puranam B, Abdul SM. Uterine Fibromyoma And Intravascular Thrombosis. Open Journal Of Obstetrics And Gynecology 2014;4:197 – 207.
- Prem Chand Gupta, Pradeep Burli. Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access. JICC 6s (2016), 92 – 94.
- Rajiv Parakh, Pinjala Rama Krishna, Pravin Amin, VS Bedi, Sanjay Desai, Harjit Singh Dumra, P C Gupta Et Al. Consensus On Management Of Deep Vein Thrombosis With Emphasis On NOACs (Non Vitamin K Antagonist Oral Anticoagulants): Recommendations From Inter-Disciplinary Group Of Indian Experts. JAPI Suppl 2016 64(9), 7-26.
- Global Vascular Guidelines On The Management Of Chronic Limb-Threatening Ischemia. Michael S Conte, Andrew S Bradbury, Phillepe Kohl Et Al. P C Gupta. Coauthor With Others. J Of Vasc Surg 2019;June Supplement. Also Published In European Journal Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery June, 2019.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis In India.
- Carotid Surgery For Symptomatic Disease.
- Surgery For Arterial Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
- Vascular Access For Hemodialysis.
- Varicose Veins: Endovenous Ablation.
- Mycotic Aortic Aneurysms.
- Endovascular Complications.
- Association Of Surgeons Of India.
- Vascular Society Of India.
- Venous Association Of India.
- American Venous Forum.
- Fellow Of International College Of Angiology.
- European Society Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.
- Indian Society Of Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Indian Association Of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgeons.
- DeBakey International Surgical Society.
- International Society Of Vascular Surgery.
- Vascular Society Of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh.
- Hyderabad Surgical Society.
Award and Recognition
- Best Paper Award For Distal Bypass In Buerger’s Disease.
- SVS International Scholar Travel Grant.
- President Elect, Vascular Society Of India: 2019 – 2021.
- Scientific Reviewer For
1.Indian Journal Of Surgery.
2.Indian Journal Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.
3.European Journal Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.
4.Journal Of Indian College Of Cardiology
Presently working in Care Hospitals, Banjara Hills, as Senior Consultant & Chief, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery and Vascular Interventional Radiology. He is the President Elect of Vascular Society of India for 2019 – 2021 and will take over as President in 2021.
Professional Education & Training:
Dr. P C Gupta graduated in Medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College in 1988. He did his Post-graduation and Senior Residency in General Surgery at the prestigious Post Graduate Institute for Medical Education and Research at Chandigarh. He has been a House Officer in Casualty and Senior Research Associate in Surgery at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He did his Vascular Surgery Fellowship from Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan. The Fellowship is accredited by the Japanese Surgical Society. He has trained in Carotid Surgery at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and in Aortic aneurysm surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston with Prof. Joseph Coselli. He is regularly invited as Faculty for the National meetings of Vascular Society of India and Association of Surgeons of India and is a Reviewer for Indian Journal of Surgery, Indian Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery and Journal of Indian College of Cardiology. He also publishes “The Pulse”, a quarterly update on Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.